Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cthulhu F'thagn! (at least I THINK that's what they said)


PORT MORESBY (Reuters) - Riot police have been sent to a remote mountainous village in Papua New Guinea after a gun battle between police and members of a cult involved in human sacrifices, local media reported Wednesday.

The National newspaper said several people were killed and many injured in the fighting last week in the Finschhafen area of Morobe province, 350 km (220 miles) north of the capital, Port Moresby.

Now, far be it from me to deny anyone religious freedom. Lord knows I had to spill more than my share of goats blood for the chiseled palace that is my body, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

When your deity asks you to kill sacrifice an innocent person simply to prove your faith, I think that's when you say "Um, couldn't I just, like, say a few prayers? Maybe burn some incense? How about an orgy? Those are always fun, right?"

"If it's all the same to you, I'm gonna go see what the Buddhist temple down the street is doin', k?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What spaceship did this gent come from???